Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

uploading files through dropbox to gmail

Level 2

how can i find the files that i transferred frm my i phone  though dropbox to my gmail

3 Replies

Re: uploading files through dropbox to gmail

Dropboxer
Hey @nourb, did you by any chance save your file attachments & Dropbox links from Gmail directly into your Dropbox account? If so, then you should be able to review them through the Search box 🔍 on your account online. Alternatively, if you’ve added any files directly from Dropbox to an email, then these are merely view-only shared links & you can scrutinize this content following this link

Please have a look at my advice at your earliest convenience & let me know how you get on with these checks or if I’ve misunderstood your question in any way on our discussion here. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Hi Jane, thanks for the quick reply. I am not sure if i explained myself properly so I will try again . I tried  to share some videos from my iphone through gmail  but they were too big so it was suggested to transfer through dropbox instead which worked. my question is , can i access those files from my dropbox, or can i see the history of what s trnsferred through dropbox?

Dropboxer
I appreciate the explanation @nourb! Assuming that you’ve downloaded our mobile application, you should be able to access the videos you’ve saved in Dropbox on your Files tab. From there, you can currently choose between two different options to change your view: 

- Gallery view: Shows you large thumbnails of your photos and videos, organized in a grid. 
- List view: Shows all your files, folders, photos, and videos in a list.

Following, kindly bear in mind that you should be able to see your entire filestructure on your account online here, where shared links will have a 🔗 icon & shared folders will be marked with the 👥symbol. While there isn’t currently a sorting option that would help you determine how you’ve shared your content within third-party apps or a sharing timeline, I’ve already made a note of your interest & thoughts in my report internally for future iterations. 

I hope that my message addresses your inquiry & please do let me know on this discussion if you need further assistance or I have misunderstood your query in any way. Thanks for choosing Dropbox & enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

uploading files through dropbox to gmail
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post