Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

uploads organizing photos and videos

Explorer | Level 3

I sometimes use 2 devices and they both are set with Dropbox. I don't seem to have much of a problem with uploading. The problem i am having is, I have folders with photos and videos dating back to 2009. I need to one day sort them all down to the month and day too. I have stored most of my photos, or new items in the camera uploads. I need to clean that up. Should I move all items from them to a temp folder on Dropbox? I have a lot more that needs to get uploaded but I fear duplicates. Should I re sync my phone an re-upload to the camera upload folder and then sort form there?  

Thanks,

Phil

Tags (1)
2 Replies

Re: uploads organizing photos and videos

Dropboxer
Hey @zippy_phil, Camera Uploads should have already uploaded the content stored in the "Camera" and "Screenshots" albums in your phone in chronological order, so this should be a great starting point. Even if you move the photos & videos saved there, automatic uploads will pick up from where it had stopped the last time it synced newer additions. 

As you mentioned that you’d like to add more photos/videos, it would be a good idea to start off moving content from the Camera Uploads folder & then gradually fill in the gaps uploading what’s missing manually with the (+) button. This way, you’ll avoid re-uploading what has already been synced. 

Please let me know how you get on with my advice or if I’ve missed anything along the way & I’ll do my best to check back with you soon. Thanks Phil!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: uploads organizing photos and videos

New member | Level 2

Hey, zippy

You have to create a folder for the particular photos because you're uploading a photo from camera different celebration or anything. I'm using short by the option to know on which date I uploaded the video file folder and yes that could be great for me it works well. don't be fear your images will not be duplicated you create a folder for that... 

Thanks

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

uploads organizing photos and videos
2 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post