Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Highlighted

want new uploads NOT checked by default -- is there a way to do this?

New member | Level 2

I find it really irritating that after new items are uploaded, they're checked by default. if I want to do something else right after that (such as create a new folder), I have to stop and uncheck all items first. why is this even a feature? It's weird and not handy at all. 

is there any way to set dropbox to never have new items automatically checked after uploading? example.jpg

1 Reply

Re: want new uploads NOT checked by default -- is there a way to do this?

Dropboxer
Hey there @finkfink,

Currently there isn’t a specific option or setting that will prevent uploaded files from being checked after the upload is complete. I understand how this is an inconvenience for you so I’ve made sure to pass this along to our dev team for review in future improvements to Dropbox.

In the meantime I can suggest the easiest method to unchecking the items is to click on the top most check box where you see it with a minus icon (next to the column header “Name”. I hope this at least helps to some degree.

Have a great day - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

want new uploads NOT checked by default -- is there a way to do this?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post