cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.xlsx files are supported but something went wrong.

Aiman_Basir
New member | Level 2

This came up when a file is shared with me. Plus, It's nowhere to be found in my Dropbox file.

4 Replies 4

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Aiman_Basir, kindly note that in order for spreadsheet the preview to work, your .xlsx file must be smaller than 40 MB size limit. Would you mind checking back to see if that’s the culprit that prevents you from viewing the file in question as expected? 

Please have a look at my suggestion at your earliest convenience & let me know how you get on with that or if I’ve misunderstood your question in any way on our discussion here & we’ll take it from there. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Aiman_Basir
New member | Level 2

Hi Jane,

The spreadsheet's size is only 26.5MB. 

Aiman_Basir
New member | Level 2

Basically, the shared file is only 26.5MB. When it's shared, the sync-ing should be in progress but then, when this particular file being shared with me, no sync-ing progress.

And, when I tried to open in via online, '.xlsx files are supported but something went wrong.' this one came up. 

Though it is shared but it's not in my dropbox. 

Can you help me with this?

Thanks

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for your speedy reply @Aiman_Basir! So, would you mind trying to download the spreadsheet that’s causing you trouble, edit it locally & re-upload it & see if you’re still unable to preview it? I’m trying to explore whether the file was corrupted in any way Basir & that’s why I’d like to see if you’re getting a different behavior when editing locally & re-uploading.  

Hopefully this points you towards the right direction & please do let me know my advice works for you in your next message here. Thanks again for your cooperation! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    Aiman_Basir New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?