cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I integrate secure dropbox folder into my website?

can I integrate secure dropbox folder into my website?

Koelner
Explorer | Level 3

I have a small business and I'm looking into getting secure cloud storage to share files between me and various clients.  The clients will need read-only access and I'll be the only one uploading files.

My end goal is to have my clients go to my website, login with a username / password that I have approved, and then they will see the shared Dropbox folder for that particular username.

I'd prefer a clean interface through my website and not go the route of sending links direct to dropbox as it's not the most professional and since they will need constant read only access to their folder, I would prefer if they could do it via a login portal on my site opposed to keeping a link safe somewhere.

Can dropbox do something like this?  

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

If you're a programmer, or are working with a programmer, Dropbox does offer an API you can use for listing, uploading, and downloading files, among other operations. It sounds like this would enable you to build the kind of integration you want.

(Those are links to the documentation for the HTTPS endpoints themselves, but we recommend using one of the official SDKs if possible. Those have corresponding native methods for the HTTPS endpoints. )

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?