cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create an image url from my Dropbox account?

How can I create an image url from my Dropbox account?

RiverGlen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Can someone please tell me how to get the URL of an image in my folder. I have checked out several suggestions on Google but they don't match up with what I see on my Dropbox window. I cannot see where I find the copy URL button. Any help appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Also, just to add that sometimes this method may not work - try it and if it does, win, if not you need to go and use a hosting tool I'm afraid.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey RiverGlen, thanks a lot for posting us on this sharing inquiry & welcome to our Communty. How are you today? 

I’ve posted the same set of steps here previously, though I’d happily repeat for you below: 

It’s my understanding that you’re asking about how could go about sharing a link from your account online, hence I’ll send you the relevant steps, as outlined here

• Go to your filestructure on your account on the web & hover your cursor over the file or folder you'd like to share and click Share when it appears. 
  • If a link hasn't been created, click Create a link. (On the other hand, if a link was already created, click Copy link.)
  • The link will be copied to your clipboard (Tip: You’ll also receive a notification on the bottom of your screen confirming that). You can then paste it to an email, message, or wherever people can access it.
Additionally, if you're on a Dropbox Professional or Dropbox Business account, you could also modify your shared link permissions

Please note that the steps above will grant recipients View-only access (which is best for when you need to share a file with a large audience) & everyone with the link will be able to access your content & download it localy. 

Please let me know if anything is unclear to you or I have misunderstood, as I remain at your entire disposal should you need further assistance. I’m wishing you a beautiful rest of your day!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

RiverGlen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for your very friendly and helpful answer. I ho[e you too are having a good day.

I want to clarify my question as I perhaps did not define my reason properly.

I have a personal Dropbox account, used primarily for storage.

I need to get the URL so the image can be embedded in an email signature (gmail).

I'm not sure if theis is 'sharing' or not?

Does this make sense ??

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
You can use the above steps to create a shared link to the image, and then change the dl=0 to raw=1 in order for the image to render in a browser

This way you’ll be able to use it as a forum image. Note that this will add to your daily bandwidth limit, so bear that in mind if this is going to appear on a popular forum.

Hope this helps!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Also, just to add that sometimes this method may not work - try it and if it does, win, if not you need to go and use a hosting tool I'm afraid.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

halsdolphin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I wish to make a URL file from an image in my computer so it will be accepted in a bulletin board.

Nothing more.  Will Dropbox do that?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @halsdolphin, if your file is in the Dropbox folder, and is syncing to the site, then you can create a link to the file using these steps

If you then wish for the file to render as is (such as an image), you can force it to appear using the raw=1 option.

Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    halsdolphin New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    RiverGlen New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?