cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App for older Android tablet?

App for older Android tablet?

jedikaiti
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello! I have an older tablet - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 running Android 4.2.2 - that I had Dropbox installed on, until I had to do a factory reset. Now, I can't install from Google Play store, as the current version is not compatible with my device.

Is there any way I can get an older version of the app that will work with my device?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dorian
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi JediKaiti

Thanks for posting!

Have you checked out Dropbox's old versions database? 

https://dropbox.en.uptodown.com/android/old

If I remember correctly you're gonna want a version in the 2.4.x series.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Dorian
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi JediKaiti

Thanks for posting!

Have you checked out Dropbox's old versions database? 

If I remember correctly you're gonna want a version in the 2.4.x series.

Hope this helps

jedikaiti
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thank you so much!

Oddly enough, I tried downloading version 16.2.4, but when I look at what's installed, it says 28.2.2, and is working fine.

Dutchie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Like JediKaiti  i use a samsung tablet running android 4.2.2 .

Is there a way of finding the right older version of dropbox for this android version without having to use trial and error?

Thanks

Dorian
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Dutchie!

Great question!

Unfortunately, I haven't found a comprehensive source for this information, but you can usually deduce what version is appropriate by reading through old forum posts on various fora.  The link below will give you a chronology of the various Dropbox for android versions, you can correllate that with the chronology of the Android versions to limit the possibilities.

https://www.apk4fun.com/history/1124/

apkadvisor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The Android ecosystem has a ton of apps for your tablet, and a number of apps are optimized for larger screens. just download  and  install in your tablet from apk advisor

eyedr90
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I downloaded an older version for my Motorola Xoom because my tablet was not compatible with the newer versions.  At least it will let me sign in but then tells me my Dropbox is out of date and to go to Google Play to download the latest version which does not work.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Dropbox depreciated a lot of older API versions a few months ago.

Unfortunately if you cannot download a newer version you will need to just use the Dropbox mobile website.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

alamar88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks that did the trick. First deleted my old Dropbox app from my tablet, then just downloaded and opened the "28.2.2 Version" and volah works like a CMAMP :laughing: 🙂

Jon2001
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Does Dropbox control the apks on this page?  I'm a little worried about downloading a file with malware or a virus that's been added to the code.

Thanks,

Jon

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Ian Wilkinson Explorer | Level 3
    Skodajohn New member | Level 2
    Jon2001 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?