Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Camera upload on windows for iphone still does not work

Level 5

I went through all the entries in support page but I still have the issue with syncing the photos on my iphone with my laptop via camera upload. This used to work when it was initially added as a feature, however I've been experiencing this issue for quite a long time.

The closest solution that worked as a workaround is provided by one of the users: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Photos-and-videos/Dropbox-Unable-to-sync-Photos-amp-Videos-as-iPhone...

It looks like a timing issue. Dropbox, please implement a solution for this using the information in the link. It is really not entertaining to do this manually every time and I also don't want to sync directly from my phone as it drains its battery.

Thanks

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Camera upload on windows for iphone still does not work

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @atesalp

Initially, please note that the mobile app doesn’t store your files locally on your mobile device because we want to be mindful of resource constraints mobile devices face such as device storage. This also means that your files don’t sync as they would through the desktop app

Having said that, could you please clarify what you’re trying to achieve? How are these photos being added to your camera uploads folder? Is it through the mobile app or the desktop app

Could you also let me know if you’re getting an error like the thread originally mentions? If you are, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of it?

Spoiler
Finally, if you’re not seeing the photos in your Dropbox folder, could it be that you’re singed in to a different account? You can ensure this by checking the email address that is associated on each platform:
Any additional details on this would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 5

Hi Lusil,

Thanks for your response.

Here is what I experience:

1. In desktop app, camera uploads is enabled.

2. I connect my iPhone to my laptop via USB cable.

3. The import fails saying iphone is locked even though it is unlocked. Screenshot is below.

What I expect after step 2 is

- Desktop app retrieves all new photos since last sync into Camera Uploads folder in dropbox folder in my laptop

- All new photos are synced with Dropbox servers via my laptop

2019-03-20_13h21_10.pngDevice locked error

Super User II

@atesalp wrote:

3. The import fails saying iphone is locked even though it is unlocked.

Have you trusted the computer on the iPhone?

Level 5

Yes, of course.

Just FYI, I was able to transfer the photos using the workaround I included in my original post (https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Photos-and-videos/Dropbox-Unable-to-sync-Photos-amp-Videos-as-iPhone...).

However, it is not practical at all and I'd expect a proper fix from Dropbox for the desktop app for the issue.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Camera upload on windows for iphone still does not work
4 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post