cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't Right Click on Dropbox icon Win10 in Notification area

Can't Right Click on Dropbox icon Win10 in Notification area

DaveA68
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This problem has not been resolved... I Just installed latest Dropbox version on a clean Windows 10 Install Build 1803. Can't right click on the notification icon unless I drop text scaling to 125% from 150%. I have 4K monitors and 125% is too small for me to use. Soooo.... Dropbox support, please fix this issue.

19 Replies 19

jawilli312
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Try this -  worked for me.

Rename/delete this  environment variable to get the right mouse button to work:

QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO=auto

theogib
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi I am having this problem too. What is the solution?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @theogib

Could you please clarify the behavior you’re experiencing? Are you unable to click on the Dropbox icon and have the Notification menu pop up? Could you also send me a screenshot of what the Dropbox icon reads when you hover over it (omitting any personal info)? 

Any additional info on the behavior you’re experiencing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

theogib
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I hold over the icon with my mouse it says:

"Dropbox 59.4.93
Up to date"

When I rightclick other icons they work as normal.

When I open dropbox it opens the dropbox folder but there is no way to access dropbox desktopsettings other than rightclicking  the dropbox icon.

The dropbox folder itself appears to be fuctioning normally, and online dropbox is working fine too.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@theogib wrote:

... there is no way to access dropbox desktopsettings other than rightclicking  the dropbox icon.

Try the legacy menu. CTRL-click the icon and you should get the legacy Dropbox menu.

theogib
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks, that works

c7photo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Was having this same issue for years. Spent a few weeks with DropBox support chasing a fix, but never got anywhere and gave up. 

Scaling down to 125% or lower works, as well as the Ctrl+click which I've just now learned about. Both great workarounds, but an actual fix would be great. 

Jrsforums
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Was there a solution for this?  I have experienced the same issue.  Am using latest download of DB on Win 10.

john

cgoes
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Deleting this environment variable from both the User and System variables fixed it for me:

QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO=auto

You'll have to restart Dropbox by killing it through the Task Manager (CTRL-SHIFT-ESC) and then opening it (WIN -> "Dropbox").

If you don't have Administrator rights on the machine, then you're probably SOL.

Alolkoy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had the same problem. It only happens on my 4K monitor. I have dual monitors. If I make the 1080p my main display it moves the system tray to the 1080p monitor and the problem goes away. There are other apps where I have a similar problem. This seems to be a Windows 10 problem, not a Dropbox problem.

There are many reasons I prefer my 4K monitor as my main display monitor.

Deleting the environment variable as described above did the trick.

Need more support?