cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't link to or save to Dropbox using Chrome on IOS (iPhone or iPad)

Can't link to or save to Dropbox using Chrome on IOS (iPhone or iPad)

Cassy H.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I can't save anything to Dropbox from Chrome on my iPad or iPhone. Not sure if this is an issue with Chrome or Dropbox, but it's like Dropbox isn't supported or won't link to chrome. Any suggestions or fixes? It works in Safari and the Dropbox app itself works fine, just need to be able to save files from chrome straight to Dropbox and it's driving me nuts!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Seems to be working fine for me. I download a file in Chrome, select OPEN IN..., then Copy to Dropbox. Dropbox then prompts me to choose a folder and once I select Save the file is uploaded.

Are these the steps you're taking? If so, are both Chrome and Dropbox up-to-date?

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Valerie K.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am having the same problem. Please help

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Seems to be working fine for me. I download a file in Chrome, select OPEN IN..., then Copy to Dropbox. Dropbox then prompts me to choose a folder and once I select Save the file is uploaded.

Are these the steps you're taking? If so, are both Chrome and Dropbox up-to-date?

Ulysses P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I took those steps. The issue is that it does not save with the file name or file extension. It creates a new name based on the date and time. If you save the file from safari iOS it uses the correct file name and extension. 

Jjkk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Cannot save in iOS 10.1 but can using safari

Fitzmelton
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Experiencing the same issue here. Have options for sharing via message, mail, reminders, notes, etc but not for Dropbox. The option still works fine in Safari.

Rpddyz
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Briefly tap the PDF and a bar will appear at the bottom of the screen, at the right end of that bar will be the open in... option. Tap that and you will get a menu that allows you to save to Dropbox.

I had the same problem for a while - the littl export button in the top bar doesn't have Dropbox.  

BarbaraDurel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I click on that, nothing happens.  It doesn't upload or save to Dropbox. 

JFGrissom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Magic! I didn't even realize this extra option was available!

Tap once -> Click "Open In..." -> Save to DropBox -> BAM! 

Thanks!

Amgold
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Doesn't work for Word or Excel files - any other suggestions?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kt500 New member | Level 2
    powzap New member | Level 2
    LMM9 New member | Level 2
    Amgold New member | Level 2
    JFGrissom New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?