Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Can't login in dropbox on a new win 10 labtop

Level 3

I installed dropbox on a new labtop, it's WIN 10 stysterm.

But I can't login in, the account and password is right, I can login in on another WIN10 labtop. I installed over 4 devices, and using the same account to login in, 4 devices can login in. 

Don't know the reason.

7 Replies

Re: Can't login in dropbox on a new win 10 labtop

Dropboxer
Hey there @Claudel, could you please elaborate a bit on this? For example:
  • Do you see the Dropbox icon next to your computer’s clock?
  • Are you seeing any errors? If you are, a screenshot (without any personal details) of this would be very helpful. 
Any additional info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

_20190416160802.png

THks for your quick reply

Level 3

_20190416160802 (1).png

Thks for your quick reply, the new labtop can't login, below is the labtop I used for months.

1555402727(1).png

Dropboxer
Thanks for the screenshots, @Claudel

Initially, please note that I removed some personal information included in them for security purposes. 

Moving on to your concern though, since you’ve ensured that you’re using the same email address, could you double-check that you’re entering the correct/relevant password as well? 

If you’re still having trouble with this though, I’ve made sure to follow up with a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile, so please don’t hesitate to reply to my latest message so as to further investigate. 

Thanks!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3
Actually, we using the account for many computer and labtops, and we are no need to type account and password each time to login in, cause we already stored account and password on these devices.  I'm sure the account and password are right. These devices (at least 3 computers, 1 labtop) we using everyday. 

Don't know if any changes occured, the account is not admin account, it's a member, I checked the account can unlink devices, and I did unlink 1 device, but still can't login in on the new labtop. After unlink a device, I even installed dropbox on another computer, still can't login in.

Level 3

BS:  I CAN'T RESSET PASSWORD, I clicked but no response, no email received. Why this happened?

I can only login in on devices that can automaitically login in dropbox. Even on these devices, I can't login in on dropbox  website.

Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional info, @Claudel. Please note that I removed the image attached for privacy purposes. 

I was able to locate your open communication with a member of my team. I’ve made sure to pass your comments along to them, so if you have any further questions or info for them, due to account-specific info required, please don’t hesitate to reach out to them. 

Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation!

Lusil

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can't login in dropbox on a new win 10 labtop
7 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post