cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create MSI Installer

Create MSI Installer

Kiadose
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Why was this post made read only when it was never resolved. This was requested 3 years ago and has been totally and unprofessionally ignored.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/Please-release-an-MSI-Installer/m-p/268...

Incase they decide to be more unprofessional and delete it I will also paste the contents here,

Please release an MSI Installer!

Comment:

Why has this not been addressed? This is a HUGE deal for IT admin, especially with Dropbox for Business. I'm piloting Dropbox for Business now, but if there's no progress on this, I will walk away from the product. Honestly guys, teamviewer even has an msi, and they aren't as big as you. Get on board and produce one!

Why has none of this been addressed at all!? Any company that is worth a **bleep** provides this or would at least respond. All I have to say at this point is for anyone considering this product consider this;

1. They have ignored all customer request for this.

2. They do not respond to their customers as this was posted 3 years ago and has yet to even get a hello we see what you wrote

3. Is this the level of service you want to go into business with?

They clearly do not care about their customer and without speaking one word shut down the post and made it read only as I am sure will be done with this one. Whatever you do I suggest you do not purchase from someone who would be so disrespectful. Watch in three years there won't be a response to this either. Truly pathetic.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There isn’t much else I can add to that except forward this suggestion to our dev team for their consideration in future.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There isn’t much else I can add to that except forward this suggestion to our dev team for their consideration in future.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Kiadose
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Well it's something. I will do just that. Thank you.

Nixxon
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Not sure you know about this but we have been deploying it forver. There is an offline exe that you can silently deploy. 

https://help.dropbox.com/business/enterprise-installer

You can also make your own MSI if MSI is a requirement for some reason, however, most maintream deployment tools allow for .exe with switches. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nixxon New member | Level 2
    Kiadose Collaborator | Level 8
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?