cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Installer downloading is too slow in korea.

Desktop Installer downloading is too slow in korea.

onesounds
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

windows client installation is too slow in South Korea. 

when I install dropbox, online installer (small version)

downloading 4 hour and faild. Every Korean dropbox users known that issue, 

so they are using download another website. (ex. download3k.com)

"I've tried to install a long-used drop box on my new PC, but it doesn't work. I think it's a problem with the Dropbox server, but no matter how many instollers you run, the Dropbox installer will not download. No matter how many times you run it, it doesn't work, showing the ridiculous error of downloading only 80MB of program. In such a case, it is not possible to install the machine even if one has to wait for it."

source :

deneb21.tistory.com/540

xetown.com/qna/721963

pjsproject.tistory.com/418

And me too. I've never succeeded in installing it in the past three years.

I always used a different method. (reddit, 3rd praty file host...)

I knew I can download offline installer. (80MB) but "offline installer" is slow too.

(3 hour over - 80MB and faild) The installer seems to be in a slow position to download
from South Korea. (I'm not sure) 
I have fastest bandwith for 4k video steaming.

Only the dropbox has a problem

The reason why I write this is because tooday I have gmail-dropbox chrome extension issue. 

Customer Support answer me to install a new version, but I could not download it again.

It's a very old problem, but nobody seems to be report it.

Thanks.

3hour.jpg 

ping dropbox.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To update here, a number of users are reporting this, they all seem to be on the same ISP.

We're investigating now.

As a work-around, Dropbox should be accessable on other ISPs or, should you wish to conect this way, via a mobile hotspot in the mean time.

Many thanks.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey onesounds, thanks for posting your question on the Forum & welcome aboard!

I understand that you require further assistance on the matter & for that reason I was able to locate your open ticket with our teamI’ve made sure to transfer your comments to my colleague on this correspondence (this is merely because account-specific cases can only be investigated via our official support channel, as they require sensitive details). 

Once they get to check the relevant info on our tools, they’ll get back in touch with you on this email chain with more info on your request. 

Thanks again for your following-up with us here & for your patience during the process! Have a wonderful day!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

irisen89
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also face exactly the same error. It never allows me to install Dropbox. I need it to be run by now, but it fails again and again. Please fix this problem as soon as possible!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey irisen89

Welcome to our Community & thanks for posting here on this error, let’s look into the matter together! 

I’d happily investigate this technical issue in more depth with you via email. If you agree to continue this discussion through our Official Support Channel, I’ll make sure to get in touch with you on my end. Once you confirm, I’ll write you as soon as possible. 

Thanks again for your cooperation & I'm looking forward to your next message here! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

irisen89
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Ok, yes please. Thank you

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Great to hear that email works for you, too & thanks for confirming irisen89, I’ve made sure to create a support request on our system on your behalf. At your convenience, could you check your inbox for our latest message and let me know here if you have any issues locating the reply, so that we make sure to send that again? 

Thanks again for your getting in touch with us on the Dropbox Forum & we’re looking forward to hearing back from you via email, so as to check your installation-related inquiry together! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi folks,

Our engineers are looking into it now, thanks for reporting. If others are hitting this then please add your comments below.

@onesounds @irisen89 Can anyone confirm the URL that you are using to download, ie:

dropbox.com/install , Dropbox.com/download, beta via the forum etc

Many thanks.

onesounds
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Ross. 

The URL you gave me opens well. 

and Setup.exe is a good download. (this is the same as before.)

But installer still displays the installation files for at least two hours.

dropbox2.jpg

It is as slow as receiving a file from a server on a different continent. 

I also checked offline installer from dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?type=full) but it is still slow.

1hour.jpg

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This is brilliant info, thanks so much @onesounds

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To update here, a number of users are reporting this, they all seem to be on the same ISP.

We're investigating now.

As a work-around, Dropbox should be accessable on other ISPs or, should you wish to conect this way, via a mobile hotspot in the mean time.

Many thanks.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    ITP New member | Level 2
    thetv00 New member | Level 2
    Ross_S Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?