Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: Running on discrete gpu MacBook Pro 2011

Level 2

I just wanted to submit that I am seeing this error as well. It is a recent development, although I am not sure if it is due to a Dropbox update or macOS update.

Re: Desktop app forces MacBook into Discrete Graphics mode

Level 2

I am seeing this as well. Using gfxCardStatus, you can see that the discrete graphics is being used, and Dropbox is a dependency (forcing discrete graphics). If you try to switch to integrated, you get a popup (see screenshots).

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 12.50.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-26 at 12.51.33 PM.png

Dropboxer

Hey guys (@lej & @beiseman), thanks for the reports! 

I've just sent both of you an email to your Dropbox associated addresses with some questions so we can investigate further.

Take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 4

Version 69.4.102.  

Your photo upload is not working so I can't send a capture of activity monitor.  It's telling me that Dropbox and Dropbox Web Helper say "yes" in the column "requires high performance graphics".

Highlighted

Level 4

I found that there were two copies of Dropbox Web Helper running.  One required high performance graphics and the other did not.  I killed the process that required high performance graphics, and my graphics switched back to integrated.  Dropbox appears to still be working.

Of course this is not a solution because it will go back to high performance graphics with a re-start.

Dropboxer

Sorry about this @glaberson - I just sent you an email too so we can work on this together with all of my tools available. 

Take a look at your inbox (ticket with ID:9058060 ) and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Dropboxer

Hi all,

Thanks for raising the issue!

We're actively investigating this issue and hope to have an update for you shortly. There's no need to do further troubleshooting at this stage, we're aware of the issue and working on a fix.

Many thanks for highlighting,

Ross

Dropboxer

Hi folks,

The development team has released a new beta version of the Dropbox desktop application that may resolve the issue you are experiencing.

If you would like, you can download this version of the Dropbox desktop application from the following link:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-70-3-87/m-p/336576#M5238

If this resolves the issue, you should be able to continue using this version as it will update automatically to the next available build going forward.

Please let me know if the issue persists after installing this version.

Many thanks!

So far so good. The issue with the graphics switching seems to be fixed for me.

Level 2
Yep, that fixed it for me. Thanks!
Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Desktop app forces MacBook into Discrete Graphics mode
40 Replies
12 Likes
Solved! : See solution