cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

no

Highlighted

Desktop app re installs every time I open Dropbox!

Level 2

Everytime I open dropbox on my Mac powerbook it reinstalls the app!

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Desktop app re installs every time I open Dropbox!

Dropboxer
Hey there (@bajabulla), that’s an interesting report & I’ll do my best to follow-up with you on our discussion here; thanks for writing us about it on the Dropbox Community! 

For starters, can you clarify if you’re facing this issue in a working network? Are you getting any error messages on your end when this happens incidentally? If so, I’d appreciate it if you included a screenshot (omitting personal info) in your next reply here, so as to get a better idea of what’s happening. Have you by any chance tried to work on that on your end? What were the results? 

Once I have this info, I’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more depth. Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting on that & I’ll be awaiting your next message on this discussion! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Jane

This reply format does not respond when I go to upload a screenshot for you to view.

I am not on a network and have tried everything I can think of to stop this from happening.

Level 2

I have the same problem...any tips on what to do about it?

Dropboxer

Thanks for reaching back to me here (@bajabulla)! Kindly note you can use the Upload photo functionality, as you can see on the screenshot below: 

Spoiler
Attach image.png

From there, would you mind letting me know what steps you've already tried on your own, as I'd like to take that into consideration before planning our course of action moving forward? 

Following, I may have missed your notification (@Cedriw) however I'll do my best to follow-up on any issues you may be experiencing from this point on (& that's why I'm pinging you back here). Could you include a bit more detail on what this looks like on your end if it's not too much trouble for you? 

Thanks again to both! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Desktop app re installs every time I open Dropbox!
More about this post
4 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post