Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Drop-down menu not dark - Dark Mode MacOS Mojave

Level 4

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 1.48.19 PM.pngAs you can see, the drop-down menu in the menu bar still uses the light theme instead of the dark theme. I don't know if that is how it is meant to be or it's an error.

If the change hasn't been introduced in the application, I make the suggestion that it should. It is the only white thing in my computer and is a shocker when it needs to be used.

3 Replies

Re: Drop-down menu not dark - Dark Mode MacOS Mojave

Dropboxer

Hey there @marilowee - thank you for your feedback!

Just wanted to let you know that users updating to macOS 10.14 Mojave may notice the following changes in behavior with the Dropbox desktop application:

As you noticed yourself, the Dropbox user interface will not change if users enable Dark Mode. This may make the Dropbox client more difficult to view but functionality will continue as normal. Dark Mode is a new macOS Mojave feature that makes the OS, and most of Apple’s own apps, have a black background and white text.

Additionally, you may notice that if you are installing the Dropbox desktop application on a computer with macOS Mojave for the first time, it may take up to 30 seconds for Dropbox sync icons to show in Finder.

We are constantly working on implementing additional improvements to our support of macOS Mojave, but I do not have a timeline to share about this yet.

If you have any more questions or feedback, please let me know. Oh and Happy Monday!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 4

So it is something that is being worked on? For the drop-down menu to turn black when the dark mode is enabled?

Super User II

We won't know that until (if?) it happens. Dropbox rarely discusses changes like this until they're officially announced.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Drop-down menu not dark - Dark Mode MacOS Mojave
3 Replies
1 Like
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post