cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

no

Highlighted

Dropbox (Mac) Update Horrible

Level 3

Dropbox version 65.3.160 is currently running on my Mac, and a similar version on my other Mac.

These latest versions are horrible. The two tabs - Quick Access and Activity - don't show what I'd like them to show, and lack the functionality of the previous version.

If I uploaded a few files to my Dropbox from one device, on another I could quickly access them via the menu. With this version, only the "Activity" of people with whom I have shared folders with appears in the "Activity" tab (which sometimes means the tab remains the same for months), and in the "Quick Access" tab… most of the time, the files I just uploaded aren't there. When they do appear there, I can't command-click them to reveal them in the Finder. They open in their native application.

greatly preferred the old way. When I uploaded files, I could quickly access them on my other devices, because they would appear at the top of the list of recent changes. I could command-click them to reveal them in the Finder without opening them in an application.

What prompted this horrible UX change? Are these old, useful features going to be added back at some point?

2 Replies

Re: Dropbox (Mac) Update Horrible

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Erik, 65.3 is the beta version of the app.

Could you try to instead install our latest stable version by unchecking the box next to "Early releases" here, and then redownloading the app again.

Let me know if the stable version has the previous features.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Dropbox (Mac) Update Horrible

Level 3

Older versions are still working as expected, but my point is that the new beta versions are really broken for this functionality. I hope it's rolled back to the old UX.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Dropbox (Mac) Update Horrible
More about this post
2 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post