Did you mean: 
Announcements
Dropbox Connect NYC and SF Join Now!

Dropbox and Microsoft Surface 4

2 Comments
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Dropbox and Microsoft Surface 4

My daughter and I both got Surface 4's for Christmas.  She was trying to research how to have it show us as a save option in Word and followed the instructions, which downloaded the app along with my entire dropbox to each of our hard drives.  Our hard drives are small since we're storing everything in dropbox so now they are maxed out on both of our machines.  Are we able to just delete them off of our hard drive now without impacting our files?  We've been mac folks for a while, so I just don't want to lose any files. 

2 Replies
Super User III

Re: Dropbox and Microsoft Surface 4

Uninstall Dropbox first, then you can safely delete the Dropbox folder that was created on the local drives. If you try to delete the files or folder without first uninstalling Dropbox, there's a chance that you could delete files from your account as well.

Re: Dropbox and Microsoft Surface 4

Thanks. I did that and re-downloaded from the website and the same thing happened. This is very frustrating. We use dropbox exclusively across all of our devices. I wouldn't have thought it would have been an issue with these devices. Any other thoughts?