Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

3 Comments
0 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

Dropbox for Windows causes problem with Excel

Windows 7, Excel 2007, Dropbox 62.4.103

When Dropbox is running in the background, an Excel spreadsheet filter dropdown automatically closes after a few seconds.  When Dropbox is not running in the background, the Excel spreadsheet filter dropdown stays open until accepted like it is supposed to do.  How can I get this to stop other than uninstalling/stopping Dropbox?

3 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: Dropbox for Windows causes problem with Excel

Hey there @dvannest - sorry to hear about this.

Could you please let me know if you have the Dropbox Badge on while opening your Excel? 

If so, could you please disable it, close and restart our desktop app and let me know if you still notice the same behavior?

If you're missing the Dropbox icon from your system tray you might need to re-install our software and try again. 

In any case, keep me posted on your progress!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Walter,

The Excel file I am using is not stored in my Dropbox so there is no Dropbox Badge.  It is just on my desktop.  The dropbox icon is in my system tray.

Thx,

Don

Dropboxer

That's strange @dvannest thinking face 

I'm sending you an email with some questions so we can have a better look into this. 

Take a look at your Dropbox associated email for my message and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Installation and desktop app issues.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post