cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bug: MS Office 2016 drop down menus conflict with the DB app and close too quickly

Refreshing screen on Excel and Word - Windows 7

lensilva
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I recently started having a problem with Excel where frequent screen refresh (about every 4 seconds) was interfering with work. The same thing was happening in Word.

After many hours of troubleshooting, an online community suggested Dropbox as the cuprit. I uninstalled Dropbox and the probem was cured. I reinstalled it and the problem returned.

Windows 7, Office 2007

Thanks for any advice

63 Replies 63

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi all,

Thanks for the reports here. I just got an update from our desktop client team that a fix is being worked on as we speak. I'll let you know as soon as I find out more about the version containing the fix.

Thanks!

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

OliverSchofield
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
This worked for me! Thanks.

tovarishrob
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When the desktop app is active all MS Office 2016 applications suffer witht he dropdown menus disappearing prematurely.  Error started occuring on 16 or 17 Aug 2017 (following a DB update?) My only workaround is to shut down the DB desktop app. 

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @tovarishrob, welcome to our forum! 

I've moved your post here, so you (and we) can keep an eye on this issue's progress.

Yeah, this is a small bug that our team is aware of, and currently working on. In the meantime, you don’t have to exit our app entirely, you can just disable the Dropbox Badge

Cheers

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all,

Many apologies as always for any delay in responding. We have some great engineers working on the Dropbox badge and one of them put together a fix that is included in this version:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-34-3-18/m-p/238110/highlight/false#...

Apologies for any inconvenience caused here. We're always keeping our eye out here, so as soon as we saw your reports, and the threads start to flair, we started investigating. The result of the investigation is a fix that is included in the above version.

Many thanks all for your participation here in the community, you help us make a better product.

Keep the ideas coming and keep highlighting anything you spot.

Ross S.

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all,

Many apologies as always for any delay in responding. We have some great engineers working on the Dropbox badge and one of them put together a fix that is included in this version:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-34-3-18/m-p/238110/highlight/false#...

Apologies for any inconvenience caused here. We're always keeping our eye out here, so as soon as we saw your reports, and the threads start to flair, we started investigating. The result of the investigation is a fix that is included in the above version.

Many thanks all for your participation here in the community, you help us make a better product.

Keep the ideas coming and keep highlighting anything you spot.

Ross S.

DWMT
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

This problem absolutely crushed our company -- laptops were not useable.  Does this beta fix the problem and if yes, how soon until it gets rolled out to the masses?   I am leary of installing beta software on 40+ machines.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
DWMT,

Nobody will ever know for sure, but, looking at the version numbers etc. I'd say you are looking at about a fortnight.

That being said I know Ross is very good and I'd expect that build to be stable enough to use and fix this issue.

(Note, I dont work for Dropbox so things may change, the above is based on my assumptions around version numbers and knowing there launch cycles).

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

stoneface
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Stopping the Dropbox process fixed the problem. Then I found the community answers about turning off the Dropbox badge, which also worked.

stoneface
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Small bug. Yup, a small bug that completely kills productivity. I only lost a few hours before identifying DB as the culprit, after which I searched for the DB solution (DB Badge).

Need more support?