Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Dropbox keeps unlinking business account

Level 3

I am using Dropbox Desktop App for Mac, and my Dropbox Business account keeps unlinking itself. I has started happen several times a day now. Everytime it happens I am asked to link to the business account,  then type in my password for the business account, only watch 1000 of files being synced all over again. I am in need of a solution on how to fix this. 

This only happens on my iMac at home. I have the same desktop app installed on my office iMac, and it gives me now trouble at all. So what is the problem here? -And more importantly, what is the solution?

Thanks!

3 Replies

Re: Dropbox keeps unlinking business account

Dropboxer
Hey there (@Morten_L), I understand that this isn’t ideal on your end; let me follow-up a bit more closely on the matter & we’ll take it from there.

Now Morten, as you’ve mentioned that this is happening without your input, I’m wondering if there’s any third-party service running in the background that’s trying to “tidy things up”. Is there any chance that something similar is happening? From there, can you please confirm that you’ve connected your personal account to your Business one? If so, then your description implies that this is only happening for the team account, is that right? 

I’d appreciate it if you could include a description of how this has manifested itself, as well as a screenshot of the last screen you’re seeing when you’re facing this issue (omitting personal info), so as to better determine what's happening. 

Once I have this info, I’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more depth. Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting on that & I’ll be awaiting your next message on this discussion! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

Thanks, Jane

So, just finished reading your reply here, I go to the top menu bar on my iMac, and press the Dropbox icon to see the status. I can see people from my company who have added/changed/synced files to our Business Account... And then it happens, all over again. 

1. Dropbox icon dissapears, only to reappear 10 secs later. 

2. When I check the status it just asks me to link to the Business Account, while syncing approx 16.500 files from in Personal Dropbox (screenshot: https://bit.ly/2Giwi6O ), which - at least - links up automaticially.

3. I guess, what I have been doing so far is self explanatory; I link to the Business Dropbox yet again, knowing that it's probably going to crash/unlink before I have even managed to sync all my files. As I am writing this, it just crashed again..

Checking the browser version now, and that seems to have the two accounts connected, works perfectly fine. 

I really hope someone can help with this one.

Appreciated,

Dropboxer
I appreciate your cooperation & thanks for taking a bit of your time to let me know of how this discrepancy appears on your end (@Morten_L). I’d like to dig a bit deeper & have a closer look on your setup through our Official Support channel. So as to investigate having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my message & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox keeps unlinking business account
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post