cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not working in MacOS High Sierra

Dropbox not working in MacOS High Sierra

wkyandy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After updating to MacOS High Sierra 10.13, my dropbox on my Macbook Air start not syncing.  Then I tried to uninstall and then install the dropbox again.  However, when i press the dropbox icon after installation, it doesn't work at all and nothing happened.  I tried the above procedures for few times and still nothing come out though I successfully install it. The dropbox even not showing on the menu bar or in finder box.   

Any suggestions?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zeipo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It's working again! Great, thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

47 Replies 47

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @wkyandy, welcome to our community!

Usually, the first step in troubleshooting startup issues is to make sure you’re up to date on OS and our app. We then would check for any security, antivirus apps, firewalls or proxies that may be interfering. 

Are you sure that the install completed successfully? It may be worth trying our offline installer too, to see if it would make a difference too. 
Are you getting any error messages? 

If you still can’t get this worked out, I suggest submitting a support ticket, so one of our team can investigate further. 

Let me know. 
Thanks! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

wkyandy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Sanchez,

Thanks for your advice.  I tried to download the updates from the offline installer and the situation even more worse.  After the MacOS warn me the installer will install the dropbox desktop client, then nothing come out.  When I tried to click the dropbox icon twice to start installation again, it came out nothing.  

Seems I need to wait dropbox have updates?  Are there any other advice?  Thanks.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @wkyandy

Is there no error message at all? Are you seeing anything that would help me troubleshoot with you? Screenshots would help too, if you have something you can show me. 

Alternatively, you can write in to our support team so that an agent can take a closer look and assist. 

Thanks! 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

wkyandy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dear Sanchez,

Thanks for your notes.  Sorry to inform you that there are "No responses" from my Macbook.  The screen show nothing after i press the dropbox icon after installation.

I tried to install the dropbox to my Macbook from online or offline downloads.  But still the same results....

andy

magero
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have exactly the same issue 😞

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi again, @wkyandy

Thanks for getting back to me. I think it would be best to put you in contact with our support team for deeper investigation and troubleshooting. You can write in to them here

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful. 
Cheers

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @magero, welcome to the Dropbox community! 

I’m sorry to hear about this. As similar as these cases may seem, it’s still best practice to start with troubleshooting some basics. 

Can you tell me: 
  • what operating system you’re using? 
  • what version of our app you have installed (or are attempting to install)
    • if it’s installed, you can hover your mouse pointer over the small Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar, and it will show in a small popup
  • what exactly are you experiencing? 
    • did you complete the installation of our app?
    • did you encounter any errors? 
    • is there any other behavior that is, or isn’t occurring? 

Any details surrounding this would be helpful.

Thanks in advance! 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Boye
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same expericence on my computer a mac book pro from late 2013 running OSX High Sierra

Please Dropbox team correct this bugg! 

/ Martin

Boye
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same expericence on my computer a mac book pro from late 2013 running OSX High Sierra

Please Dropbox team correct this bugg! 

/ Martin

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    vfrrjq New member | Level 2
    Sanchez Dropbox Staff
    patriciaB Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?