cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox on OpenSUSE Leap 15 (Linux) unlinks after restart

Dropbox on OpenSUSE Leap 15 (Linux) unlinks after restart

Leeon
Helpful | Level 5

I am using Dropbox 50.4.71 on OpenSUSE Leap 15, just downloaded the app into home folder, on Leap there is still no Dropbox package.

App works well, however after restart (sometimes after few restarts) dropbox opens tab in web browser and want's to link. Basically configuration and account files, indexes etc. are removed from ~./dropbox folder.

I saw similar issues when people had Dropbox folder on removable media, this is not my case. Dropbox app is in home partition, as well as Dropbox sync folder.

I tried complete removal of dropbox app together with account folder, but it did not fix the issue.

Anyhing else I can try?

29 Replies 29

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey Leeon, welcome & thanks for checking in with us on the Dropbox Forum. 

To my mind (& in all honesty based on a brief search I made online), the right questions to ask as a starting point would be whether you’ve chosen to mount the disc where the Dropbox folder resides upon startup & if you’ve activated the option for Dropbox to autostart in case you’re using the Command line

dropbox autostart [y/n]

• y: Dropbox will start automatically at login (default)
Please do keep me updated on your findings, in order to follow-up with you more closely. Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Leeon
Helpful | Level 5
Hello and thanks for the reply.
Indeed the Dropbox folder is in the disk mounted at the boot.
In Linux Home I have sync folder, as well .dropbox-dist folder with the app itself (so it cannot be started anyway, if not mounted).

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for confirming Leeon! Can you also let me know whether you’re controlling the Dropbox desktop app with the Linux Command Line Interface (CLI) & if you’ve chosen the autostart option I mentioned above?  

Thanks again for your cooperation & I’ll be awaiting your next message! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Leeon
Helpful | Level 5
I use KDE + Plasma and there "graphical" app in system tray.
Autostart is enabled in preferences and it created ~/.config/autostart/dropbox.desktop file, executing command ~/.dropbox-dist/dropboxd -i start
So no command line and cli, just the app with frontend.

Elixir
Super User

Hi @Leeon, can you please disable the auto-start, start Dropbox manually after your system reboots, and see if it still happens? If negative, is it posible to write a script for delayed start?

Leeon
Helpful | Level 5

Hello!

I did delayed start (by prepending sleep 60 command) as well as manual start (I started dropbox like 10 min after boot of system), but result is still the same.

Checking processes after I start the app, Dropbox executes / creates some process / file "corruptdb" and that unlinks the whole account.

Elixir
Super User

@Leeon what is the behavior after user logout and log back in?

Leeon
Helpful | Level 5

I logged out/in like 10 times without any issues. After next restart DP wants to link account again.

Elixir
Super User

A big thank you for your patience and tests. I am puzzled about who is removing the configuration files from ~./dropbox, whether the OS or Dropbox. I expect it not to work upon logout if it is Dropbox. Do you know at which point the configuration files are removed from ~./dropbox? Is it possible to quit Dropbox, backup the folder ./dropbox (you may try coping to anther place in your home directory as well as to an external media), restart OS, replace ./dropbox from backup, then start Dropbox?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

grawity Helpful | Level 5
    Leeon Helpful | Level 5
    fullmakt Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?