cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Submit your story to win a $25 Amazon gift card and a Dropbox hoodie! Ends Nov. 16
Known issues updated Learn more
1 Comment
1 Like
Highlighted
Level 2

Dropbox stuck "connecting," won't show linked account nor sync files

For some reason, my dropbox desktop app has been stuck on "connecting" for months! and I pay for my account monthly! I have tried all the hacks online including disabling automatic proxies and nothing works. I have deleted the app and re-downloaded. Nothing. Please help asap. Otherwise I will uninstall and stop paying for this app!

1 Reply
Dropboxer

Re: Dropbox stuck "connecting," won't show linked account nor sync files

Hello @zendra17 - sorry to hear about this issue you're having.

First off, note that when you have connection problems like tis one, it means there is an antivirus, firewall, security program, proxy or VPN blocking the Dropbox desktop client.

Since you mentioned that you have already tried moving forward with this with no proxies and the issue persists, it is possible that you are seeing this due to an antivirus or other type of security program blocking Dropbox from connecting to our servers.

To resolve this issue, please try temporarily disabling or uninstalling your antivirus or security program, and then restart your computer. If the issue is resolved after temporarily disabling or uninstalling your antivirus or security program, you should ensure that you configure these applications not to block Dropbox if you choose to reinstall these.

If you don't have any of the aforementioned software running on the affected computer or you find that this is persistent, please try re-installing our desktop application using our offline installer from our latest stable build's page

Let me know how this works out for you and we'll take it from there. Thank you!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Installation and desktop app issues.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post