Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Error 0x80096010 while installing on Windows Insider Build 1903

Level 2

i am having problem while installing dropbox on a new pc with error code 0x80096010, please help me asap, thanks in advance

28 Replies

Re: error 0x80096010 while installing

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Kishan, this appears to be a generic Windows error message.

The first thing I’d recommend is to ensure that your Windows installation is fully updated to ensure this isn’t something that was fixed previously.

Secondly, try an advanced reinstall of the app to clear any old installation attempts.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

This is a error of dropbox application, install without give admin permissions. The application will have some problems but it can be used, I have already contacted the support.

Level 4

not work, i try run install as admin on win 10 insider and always get error 0x80096010 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi @protoror, make sure when you run the installer that you don’t right click the installer and ‘Run as administrator’, otherwise you’ll experience issues later.

Are you installing on a work or home computer? Have you tried temporarily disabling the antivirus software to ensure the installation progresses as normal?

Any details you can provide would be great!

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 4

i try use web install, stable and beta no one cant run correctly (with admin or without admin)

IDK what need doing, no antivirus on this time, is work PC with domen/

Other software work good.

Level 5

have a same problem after i try reinstall dropbox. i use advanced reinstall guid, but it don't work for me.

currently i use win10 insider preview, at now it has 1903 version, 18323.1000 build

i'm try to use web installer and offline vesrion

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
In order to investigate this matter further, @protoror, would it be okay if we message you at the email associated with your forum profile?

Jay

Level 4

sure

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hang on, I’m noticing a pattern here. 

Before we take this to email, if you’re all running the same version, namely Windows 1903 from Windows Insider, then this is not currently a fully tested or supported environment for the Dropbox desktop application. 

From the articles I’ve checked out, it seems that the 1903 update will be released some time in April, and by then the app should be functioning.

While we support a variety of operating systems, we are unable to support these versions until they are officially classified as stable. 

If you’re not running this version of Windows, let me know what version you’re running by checking it using the steps here.

Jay

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Error 0x80096010 while installing on Windows Insider Build 1903
28 Replies
13 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post