cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Exclude paths are lowercase aftter root Dropbox folder in "dropbox exclude list" output

Level 3

The output from the "dropbox exclude list" command isn't accurate. In the output path, the root Dropbox folder is properly capitalized, but the team folder under the root Dropbox directory is not capitalized even when it is in the local file system and the Dropbox web portal. Also, directories that should have capitalization under that team folder in the output path of the command aren't capitalized in the output. To clarify, the exclude directory list is working and excluding the directories that are specified, but the the output from the "dropbox exclude list" command with the Dropbox linux binary has the capitalization issues described. The actual directories in the local file system and Dropbox web portal are properly capitalized. This is annoying because when I want to copy the paths from the command output, I have to first change them to be properly capitalized before using them.

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Exclude paths are lowercase aftter root Dropbox folder in "dropbox exclude list" outpu

Dropboxer

Hello @wowwee - sorry to hear about this.

Could you share a screenshot of this so I can have a visual too?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Exclude paths are lowercase aftter root Dropbox folder in "dropbox exclude list" outpu

Level 3

I don't want to screenshot for privacy reasons. Here is a recreation with sample text outputted after executing the command at root:

../home/user/Dropbox (Example name)/example name - team folder/folder name that is supposed to be capitlized

Notice how Dropbox (Example name) is capitlized and example name - team folder and folder name that is supposed to be capitlized isn't. The latter two are supposed to be capitlized and show it in the local filesystem and the Dropbox web portal.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @wowwee - much appreciated.

May I reach out to your Dropbox associated email address to work on this together with all of my tools available?

While we're at it, could you confirm that your device is meeting our minimum requirements per the page below? 

https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/system-requirements#linux

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3

Yes, you can reach out to my Dropbox associated email and the device is meeting the minimum system requirements.

Dropboxer

I just sent you an email to have a further look into this @wowwee - thanks for confirming. 

Take a look at my message (ticket with ID: 8901252) and we'll take it from there.

Thanks again and until we speak again, have a lovely day!

Walter

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Exclude paths are lowercase aftter root Dropbox folder in "dropbox exclude list" output
5 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post