cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not appearing when trying to upload documents although they exist on desktop folder.

Files not appearing when trying to upload documents although they exist on desktop folder.

Drkhanh
Explorer | Level 3

I am trying to upload a file to an online application. I can see the files in the dropbox folder on my desktop. Sync has been completed. All files appear in the folder. Only issue is that when trying to upload, I am unable to select the file in which I would like to attach, only a couple files are visable. Please help me have this issue resolved. 

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Have you checked they've actually uploaded? Mouse over your Dropbox icon on the status bar to see what is happening - a blue disc over the files means they are still uploading.

Its important to remember that when you moved them to the Desktop Dropbox folder the speed you saw them 'upload' with isnt that - its them simply moving to a folder on your computer.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jane
Dropbox Staff

Hey Drkhanh

Thanks for getting in touch on our Community channel!

Can you please make sure that you have not exceeded the max character length for the filepath of the files/folders in question? Also, can you please tell me whether you are working on a computer or a mobile phone? 

In order to resolve the filepath issue, you may need to move the files some directories up within the Dropbox folder, so that the filepath becomes less than 260 characters

Hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Drkhanh
Explorer | Level 3

All fileds have actually been uploaded. This has been percisting for the path 2 months, on two out of 5 computers in the office.

Drkhanh
Explorer | Level 3

This problem is occuring on 2 out of 5 computers in my office. File path does not exceed 260 characters.

Drkhanh
Explorer | Level 3

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Drkhanh Explorer | Level 3
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?