cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green up to date check mark not showing on system tray even though it says up to date.

SOLVED
7 Comments
15 Kudos

Green up to date check mark not showing on system tray even though it says up to date.

I'm running the Beta version 37.3.25. When I mouse over the system tray icon it says I am "Up to date". However, the green check box is missing. I usually use that as just a quick visual reference for both being up to date and for knowing when my wifi is propperly connected. Anyone know why that no longer works? I'm using a Windows 8.1 laptop and I have been using Dropbox for many years without issue.

Capture.JPG

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Super User

Re: Green up to date check mark not showing on system tray even though it says up to date.

UsuallyConfused wrote:

I'm running the Beta version 37.3.25. When I mouse over the system tray icon it says I am "Up to date". However, the green check box is missing. Anyone know why that no longer works?

Hello, @UsuallyConfused...

The status icons in the system tray/menu bar have recently changed, please refer to this Help Center article for more information.

Be sure to scroll downward to the section entitled, "Status icons in the system tray or menu bar" to view their new appearance and description.

If image doesn't load... refresh your browser, F5. Otherwise try again later

7 Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Super User

Re: Green up to date check mark not showing on system tray even though it says up to date.

UsuallyConfused wrote:

I'm running the Beta version 37.3.25. When I mouse over the system tray icon it says I am "Up to date". However, the green check box is missing. Anyone know why that no longer works?

The status icons in the system tray/menu bar have recently changed, please refer to this Help Center article for more information.

Be sure to scroll downward to the section entitled, "Status icons in the system tray or menu bar" to view their new appearance and description.

Thanks. That's a little disappointing, but explains everything.
Super User

UsuallyConfused wrote:
Thanks. That's a little disappointing, but explains everything.

You're welcome.

Thank you for marking my post as a solution White check mark - much appreciated.

Level 5

This is not only dissapointing, but stupid. Why would they change the system?

I want to see the green checkmark in my tray. What can I do?

Super User II

amendeo wrote:

Why would they change the system?

To bring it in line with the other Dropbox clients that don't show the check mark. It is now the same experience across platforms.

What can I do?

You can post feedback in the Share an idea forum, but it's unlikely that Dropbox will be changing their minds on this.

Level 6

I have made an idea-post to bring it back: here.

Please upvote if you agree. 

Level 2

I was also confused and now disappointed about the removed checkmark. Guess I'll have to hover a bit more.

Br