cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access files on someone else's dropbox account?

How do I access files on someone else's dropbox account?

kbrown2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

A friend started a dropbox account for some minimal exchanges of files.  I opened up a dropbox account but am unable to locate a way to access his files nor am I able to upload files.  

For a period of time, I was able to go to my email and get on the account and upload files, by clicking on his email notification, but no longer.  

How do I get to these files?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @kbrown2, it sounds like you’re referring to a shared folder that you had access to. If you can’t locate the shared folder in question, could it be that you removed it

For this reason, check your Sharing tab to see if you can locate the folder in question there. If you do, you can just add it back. If you don’t, I’d recommend contacting the owner of the shared folder in question for more info on the matter. 

If I’ve misunderstood your concern or if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to get back to me. :slight_smile:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @kbrown2, it sounds like you’re referring to a shared folder that you had access to. If you can’t locate the shared folder in question, could it be that you removed it

For this reason, check your Sharing tab to see if you can locate the folder in question there. If you do, you can just add it back. If you don’t, I’d recommend contacting the owner of the shared folder in question for more info on the matter. 

If I’ve misunderstood your concern or if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to get back to me. :slight_smile:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?