cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn sound notification off?

How can I turn the sound off on notifications?

ezrasdovid
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do I silence the sound for syncing notifications?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dbeato
Super User alumni
Go to solution

You can actually go to Settings, Select Notifications & Actions and then scroll down where the  Dropbox icon is shown and turn off the noticiation settings (Banners and Sounds)

2017-06-02_2126.png

You can actually click on it and select what you want to have with Notifications

2017-06-02_2127.png

View solution in original post

52 Replies 52

Margot C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Kristin T.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am wondering this as well. I still want to see the notification, but I want to turn it's sound off without muting my computer. 

Leslie A.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The same thing is happening to me. Dropbox will give me a notification sound, but I can't get it to stop the sound. I still want to be notified. I'm having to mute my computer also.

Jan B.44
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Any answer? The new settings are f...ing annoying

shaun w.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Bump.

About to set DropBox to permanent pause

shaun w.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

http://www.howtogeek.com/219703/how-to-disable-notification-sounds-in-windows-10/

I went into Windows Sounds and located the "Notification" sound, then turned it to none

Kristin T.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Would that turn off notifications for things though other than my Dropbox? 

Yvonne C.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

"Would that turn off notifications for things though other than my Dropbox?"

I just tried this, and you can turn off the sound just for Dropbox notifications if you like:   
From the Action Centre, click "All Settings" --> "System" --> "Notifications & Actions"
Scroll down until you see Dropbox, click on it and turn off "Play a Sound when a notification arrives".  ðŸ˜„

shaun w.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

i actually went the old-skool way to kill the sound associated with that notification, which i think is what Kristin is asking about.  In theory that would turn off other notifications, but i wasn't aware of others using that sound, and if they did i'm glad i fixed them too!

to test you could change that sound to something REALLY distinctive, then notice when it is triggered. then change it to NONE if you want to get rid of it

Need more support?