How to use only the website?

SOLVED
Go to solution
2 Comments
4 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3

How to use only the website?

Hello! I've got an old pc runing Vista, and by January Dropbox has decided I have to change my pc because they won't allow me to keep an old version of the desktop app. As I don't have money to buy a new pc I must learn how to use only the website.

So how does it work? How to sync docs with only the website? I've looked at it but it's not clear so if someone could explain simply that would be great!

Thanks for the help (and no thanks to Dropbox)

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: How to use only the website?

Forsril is correct. Using the website is a manual process. You would need to download files to your computer as they're needed, then upload them back to the website if you make any changes to them. You will no longer be able to sync your files to the Dropbox folder on your computer.

2 Replies
Level 5

Seems to me that you would just use the Upload Files button, then if you wanted to export back to your device. Not very handy, but it would work more like an external storage than a quick process to save changes. Not the best solution, but without upgrading it seems many of these programs have limited function.

Solution
Super User II

Forsril is correct. Using the website is a manual process. You would need to download files to your computer as they're needed, then upload them back to the website if you make any changes to them. You will no longer be able to sync your files to the Dropbox folder on your computer.

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4835
Mark 3749
Jane 1054
Tom_M 886
Greg K. 803