Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

yes

5 Comments
1 Like
Highlighted
Level 1

I am getting a new hard drive and need help setting up my Dropbox Folder. Any ideas?

I am upgrading the hard disk at home and work to a bigger size. Can I simply copy all the files and folders on the old hard disk which were in the dropbox folder to the new hard disk then link to that folder when I add the dropbix software again?

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Super User

Re: New hard Drive

If you saved a backup Copy of your Dropbox folder, then you need to copy them to the new Dropbox folder.  If you didn't have a backup copy then just install Dropbox client and link it to your Dropbox account.  Then the client will download all folders and files that you have

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

5 Replies
Super User

yes, that would work well and be a lot quicker

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Level 1

I am also upgrading my hard disk. How would doing what you recommend effect shared folders etc.? 

Thanks

Super User

It shouldn't effect it all, just make sure you link to the same Dropbox account, then all your shared folder would appear.

Level 1

I had to reload all soft wares on my computer. How do I reload all the files I backed up in Dropbox back to my computer?

Super User

If you saved a backup Copy of your Dropbox folder, then you need to copy them to the new Dropbox folder.  If you didn't have a backup copy then just install Dropbox client and link it to your Dropbox account.  Then the client will download all folders and files that you have

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Installation and desktop app issues.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post