cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem with iPad update and Microsoft apps

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

IrfanDabeer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am going through the same issues, any solution?

FredC74
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yep, same for me. It’s ok on desktop with MS Office, but not on IOS. Temporarily, I’ve saved my essential files to one drive so I can keep working. Long term, let’s hope Microsoft changes its mind.

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I think they just failed to update their own software to account for this update. DB works fine on my Windows devices. If we scream loud enough, hopefully they'll fix it.

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm not having problems with Adobe Reader or iAnnotate. Just MS apps.

RemyLeroy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Exactly the same issue here... I hope it's only a bug and the Dropbox access will be restored by Microsoft. 

I don't think they want to force us using OneDrive as I still have access to other online servers such as the one from Box.com and I am proposedevent other services if I choose to add a new one (edmodo, HKT cloud service, and so on)

Wikifield
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
One reply suggested that Dropbox have withdrawn support for for I phone apps. Another suggested it’s the same for Office365. How can I find out if it’s a glitch being fixed or a decision to stop supporting the App. I tried the Dropbox support service but that doesn’t seem to be working either.

Glanvill
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same here! I can't open my excel, word and powerpoint files from dropbox to microsoft apps in both ipad and samsung note. This is frustrating!

hydraphile
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same issue here, but occurred just before updating to the most recent versions of Dropbox and Word. Updated to hopefully fix the problem. My  iPad is older and no longer supported by iOS updates, so I have to wonder if that's the reason.

Juunas
Experienced | Level 12
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem, both on stable and beta versions of Dropbox iOS app and Microsoft Office iOS apps. Same problem occurs when trying to open a Dropbox file in Office apps from inside Dropbox, from inside Office app or when trying to add re-add the Dropbox account. I have also reported this to Microsoft.

RemyLeroy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I guess your chance is that your iPad do not support the most recent Office updates...

On mine, I reinstalled the previous versions of Excel, Word and PowerPoint (thanks to iTunes 12.6.4 and my TimeMachine to restore the old ipa files) and regain access to my Dropbox files. 

Need more support?