cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't open Microsoft files on my mobile devices as I'm getting an error.

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

HaleTommo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I’d send you a screen shot, but attaching the photo also doesnt work from this screen when on ipadpro... 

KPike
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I’m having the same problem

over2raj
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi what was the answer to this problem?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm running the latest version of the Dropbox iOS on my iPad with iOS 11.4.1

My iPad is connected to the internet and I have zero problems with other apps.

However the Dropbox app tell me I have "“No internet connection” and that “Syncing will resume when you’re back online”.

Very frustrating. I have tried deleting the app and redownloading from the App Store, but this has not resolved the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? What solutions worked?

CoteSchonhaut
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
It happened the same to me!! Did you had any answer about how to fix this problem??

kirstyhill
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@Walter wrote:

Thanks for your patience and the additional reports fellas.

@Juunas: Thanks for providing the ticket's ID; I've already escalated it to our experts to drill deeper into this problem with the error(s) you're all getting when trying to open your Microsoft Excel, Word and/or Powerpoint files. Most appreciated!

For all others on this thread, I'd really urge you to log a ticket as well so we can have a clear view of how is this issue impacting our users' database. You can let me know the ticket IDs here so I can locate them on our system and forward them to the relevant department as soon as possible. 

If any of you stumble upon an issue when submitting a ticket please let me know so I can reach out via email from my end to your Dropbox associated email addresses to work on it together. 

Spoiler

You can log a ticket at https://www.dropbox.com/support

Once again, thanks for your patience and cooperation on this one guys. 

my ticket is 8901684

Renzo74
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
my ticket is 8901583

WORKAROUND FOUND! while waiting for a solution fron dropbox or ms I found this workaround: I can open and save my ms office files stored in dropbox form ms office apps passing through “ios file app”, in ms word (or excel) tap on “other” than get dropbox through file app it seems to work for opening and saving

Jssca247
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem here ticket #8902263

Cabeaumont
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My Dropbox has stopped working on any Apple device.  It just spins and closes.  In my word it leaves a message after not opening it.  ‘Sorry, docx is stored in an unsupported server location.”  Can anyone help?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Furiously serious!!!!!!! I've reinstalled PowerPoint as an example, but it did no good. Someone said he reverted to an old version of his MS apps but I don't have any way to get back to them.

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

You can also send your file to your email, but this stacks up a bunch of files out there in your mail. I can access these files from my Windows OS machines, and I haven't seen anyone complain about MacBook.

Need more support?