cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't open Microsoft files on my mobile devices as I'm getting an error.

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

RLabardini
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi Walter. My ticket is #8902360. Same issue. Working my iPad Pro.

StefanAtanasov
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a problem with the Dropbox app and the Word and Excel Android apps from 2-3 days.

I use Dropbox app on my Andoid device and had linked it with the Office apps. I have used it like this for over an year and everthing was ok.
But now, when I try to open a file from my Dropbox with Word or Excel, I get a message, that the file is corrupted or moved, or missing. But when I tried to open it with another app, different from Word(Excel) there was no problem. So I decided to uninstall all apps(Dropbox, Word, Excel), restart the device several times and install everything again. And after the fresh install of everything, now I can not even link Dropbox and Office apps. When I go to Office apps in Places - Add Place and select Dropbox, I get error message: Office encountered a problem. And that is every single time. From Word and Excel, both.

And now when I try to open a file from Dropbox and I select open with.. and select Word(for .docx file) or Excel(for .xlsx file) the Office app just starts loading and then it is not opening the file, but just opens the Word(Excel) app and shows the Home screen of the app.

Please help me solve this,  thought that the problem is in the Office apps, because with other equivalent apps for Android, my Dropbox works just fine and that is why I opened a ticket first in Microsoft Community. But here is their reply:

Hi StefanAtanasovvv , 
I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem. 

Many people have reported this problem since morning. The latest update of Dropbox has caused this issue. Old Dropbox versions are working pretty fine. Please log a ticket with Dropbox. 

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Best regards
Vijay Verma

I need fix as soon as possible, because I work with these files, and I need the functions of the Word and Excel apps, which other equivalent applications in Google Store do not offer.

Thanks in advance and I wait for your reply.

Cabeaumont
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My Dropbox has stopped working on all Apple devices.  It just spins and closes.  In my word it leaves a message after not opening it.  ‘Sorry, docx is stored in an unsupported server location.”  I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.  I’ve signed out and back in.  Can anyone help?

Cabeaumont
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Deleted Dropbox connection to word app. It will not let me connect again. It states: Check internet connection.

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Note to Walter: I got a nice response from you, but it blew off and I can't find it. I'm working with an iPad Pro. I assume I have the same problem on the iPhone but haven't tried. I can't generate a proper ticket because your form won't let me pick the iPad — the pick device option isn't working. I'll try again from a Windows machine when I get back from walking my dogs and eating breakfast. Sorry!

Jponder
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem on my iphone and I logged a ticket: 8902523

Kobaitsari
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi. Same problem here, iPad and iPhone.

My ticket #8902529

donklaus
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue here. Tried deleting both Dropbox and Word apps and reinstalling and all app settings in "Settings." 

drnishanth
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
same issue

Ju_Coibs
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Exact same problem for me!
Really anoying!!
Need more support?