cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't open Microsoft files on my mobile devices as I'm getting an error.

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Do you have a Windows device? I was only able to use the email app on the Surface Pro because on the iPad I can't pick my device. Dunno about MacBook because I don't have one of those.

anpaanpa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Shocking!
Unable to open office files (.docx .xlsx .pptx) using Dropbox on mobile phone and iPad.
I can open the office files before, but I can't open office files today(using office 365).
An error message will appear →Sorry, .docx is stored in an unsupported server location
Only office files cannot be opened with office 365, but PDF files can be opened with adobe acrobat reader

I can still open the office files of dropbox  on my PC using office 365

Isn't office 365 now supporting dropbox for mobile phones or iPad?

fogga
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

seems to be the latest update is causing grief! my ipad started showing a network error when i was in dropbox and tried to edit a word or excel file. error is: http://prntscr.com/ml3csw

tried it on my iphone and got this error: http://prntscr.com/ml3f0c

Not just me, but another guy i know was trying to edit his excel file in dropbox on his ipad and came to ask me for help and was getting the same error.

i thought it may have been a sync issue so i logged off dropbox via excel (on ipad) and now when i try to login/connect to my dropbox account again i get the same network error and cant connect them.

if i click on a file in excel that i accessed before that is stored in ropbox it says teh file doesnt exist or has been moved (when i definitely knowits there)

I tried different devices and different networks and same things is happening across the board

prb112
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Ticket 8903419

Nlavorato
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Pls note i can't link Dropbox with Microsoft Office apps since today. How can i solve it?Screenshot 2019-02-14 at 12.40.59 PM.png

bpow13
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am unable to open any of my work files on microsoft apps!!! (excel + word)

I am getting various error messages, including: “Sorry, File is stored in an unsupported server location.”  

I need these files to work today... please get this issue fixed!

lindsayrosso
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue!  Please update with a fix soon! 

Woarstman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

the form does not work correctly. My device chosen does not stay.

RoryF
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We also cannot access Micrsoft Apps from within Dropbox. This is on the Android Platform

Francois17
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi

Looks like the openning of files (Excel, Word...) doesn't work on iOS.

On my browsers it's okay but on iOS devise they said multiples error :

- No internet connection

- The route has changed

Need more support?