cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't open Microsoft files on my mobile devices as I'm getting an error.

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

Cardenal
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

ITS back!!! Working again!!!!!!!!!! 

benbenberi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had this same problem all morning on my iPhone. But when I tried once again to open my file a minute ago -- it works now! So they seem to have fixed at least some of what went wrong earlier. Hopefully it wil stay fixed!

david k.129
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you. I appreciate your letting me know. I just wish that the DropBox team was transparent when they're having issues and let us know right away on their status page.

Mark45
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Indeed it is!!

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Bravo to Walter and your crew! I suspect this has been pretty stressful 24 hours. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I did some testing this morning. I hadn't yet updated to the latest iOS version, and Dropbox and Office were still working just fine. I updated to iOS 12.1.4 and started having the same issues listed in this thread; I wasn't able to open Office files from Dropbox and when I disconnected Dropbox from Office, I wasn't able to re-connect it.

I then upgraded my device to iOS 12.2 Beta and was able to relink Dropbox and Office and open files without issue just as before.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hello to all! 

We appreciate your patience so far & we have good news to share as this is now resolved so there should be no further issues. Please try again and you should find that this functionality works correctly.

If there is anyone still facing a discrepancy, please do let me know here & I’ll touch base with you asap. I'm also working on updating all the tickets you've submitted, so you can expect a reply soon.

Thanks again to everyone for your reports & sticking with us on this discussion! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

hopefull
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

We were having the same issue with excel through Dropbox.  I found a way to fix the path between dropbox and excel.  Probably will work with Word Also.   

1) Go directly to Excel (bypass dropbox)

2) On the left hand side you will see a Folder with the word Open under it – click on that.

3) Dropbox will show up in the dropdown list under “other locations” – click on that.

4) Your dropbox files list will show up to the right.

5) Click on the file you want - edit it and click on back to dropbox.   

in our case it re-created the path and saved the edit and we could then access through dropbox the next time.  

Hope it helped

Renzo74
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

it works again!

thanks for the efforts!

FredC74
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have the same problem

Need more support?