cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

I can't open Microsoft files on my mobile devices as I'm getting an error.

Level 6

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies

Error connecting an file

Level 2

In my outlook I try to add an file from Dropbox. For some documents I try to insert I get an error. 

I open the mail in Outlook (Ipad IOS) 

I pinpoint my finger in the mail 

Insert new document 

Browse through Dropbox 

--- Most of the documents I can insert, some of them are pending a long time ending with the message --> No communication possible with a helperapp. (translated from Dutch Geen communicatie mogelijke met een helperapp.) 

Thanks for support and suggestions  

Tags (1)

Re: Error connecting an file

Dropboxer

Hey there @HarmenJan - sorry to hear that!

Could you send me a screenshot of the exact error you get so I can have a better understanding of the matter at hand?

In the meantime, can you see if you're using the most updated versions of your email app (Outlook), our mobile app's as well and perhaps your iPad's OS?

Also, is this mail app (Outlook) connected to your Dropbox account? Do you see it under the "Connected Apps" on your account's Security page

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there Harmen!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

I have an issue with accessing my Excel and Word files on mobile devices. Any ideas?

Level 2

"Sorry, we could not find <filename>. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted?"

It has not been moved, renamed or deleted.

It has only just happened since I updated the app to version 130.2.2.

Dropbox won’t let me open word documents. Says no network connection.

Level 5
My iPad isn’t on my cell plan so there’s no cellular in the settings. It worked this morning to pull up documents from Dropbox into word to edit them, and now it won’t work and just keeps giving me the error message “No network connection”. However, it is connected to the network, all the other apps work, and I’m able to save things from online TO Dropbox, and view them on Dropbox. I just can’t open them in word. HELP! I got this dang iPad to do schoolwork, and now I can’t.

Re: Dropbox won’t let me open word documents. Says no network connection.

Level 2
Same here but with every single office app in my iPhone. It seems the connection between Dropbox and MS office apps is down

Level 5
That makes me feel better at least. Maybe I’ll check back later to see if it’s up and running. 😰

Level 5

Same here, hopefully they fix it soon

Level 4

Having the same problems, network error connection between dropbox and all office365 apps. Just started over the last few hours. 

Level 5

Just talked to Dropbox support. Microsoft has withdrawn support for accessing and saving to Dropbox from within their iOS apps. You can copy a file from Dropbox to Microsoft but not save it back. 

Very frustrated. 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I can't open Microsoft files on my mobile devices as I'm getting an error.
173 Replies
35 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post