cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

ExcelIpadUser
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Have been using Excel to edit files in Dropbox for years.  Today, when I try to open Dropbox from Excel, get message "Cannot Open Folder on Server. The folder may have been moved, renamed, or deleted."  The web interface shows the files OK.  Dropbox installed on my Windows 10 computer works fine also.

I have updated Excel on the iPad.

I have updated iOS on the iPad.

Tried on two different iPads with two different Dropbox accounts, same error.

jredis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I cannot open my dropbox file in excel on my iphone.  I was able to open it yesterday morning but then by the evening I kept getting error messages.  I deleted and reinstalled both dropbox and excel apps and now I get the message "the folder may have been moved, renamed or deleted" that the file "is stored in an unsupported server location."  These are my notes for my private practice please HELP!

Nadcho87
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem on my iPad.

Yesterday, there was no problem and today there is...

And if I take a look in Safari, then it is written, that I opend it for example 5 minutes ago...

DeeDeeB
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Use Browse to go into Dropbox and open the file. You cannot add dropbox as a place at the moment on iOS devices and it is not appearing as normal when you go into Microsoft appns. So use Browse or “....more” to find dropbox. 

Cardenal
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Unable to open any of my excel files on dropbox. I last worked on them yesterday afternoon without a problem but this morning I cannot open any of them due to 
“unsupported server” error. Please help!

Mally1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problem. Since I updated to IOS 12.1.4 on 2-13-19, I can no longer open any Excel or Word files in order to edit them.  This is the same problem on my iPad and my iPhone.

DRF-01
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yep, I deleted Dropbox from my connected services via Word for iPad, thinking I needed to reinstall it and now I get get it back. 

Bolt_the_bird
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have the same issue as everyone else.  My ticket number is #8903885.

RajLassi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How about a status update?

Thanks,

Raj  

Francois17
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem, looks like it concern devises on iOS

It's working on my Mac

Need more support?