cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

Klompelompe
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
When trying to open a Word document from my dropbox app, both on my iphone and ipad, I keep getting the error message: Can’t be opened. The file may be relocated, renamed or deleted.
I’ve tried to update the dropbox app. I’ve checked at the office, where they were able to open the files at my computer. Does anyone have a solution? We need the documents for a meeting.

Fishtankbrain
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have this issue too - started this morning!

chemist58
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have opened my Dropbox today and can see all files. When trying to open them in MS to work on themthe error message says they are stored on an unsupported server? They were working perfectly yesterday., what do I do?

FredC74
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Microsoft Community support suggest this is a Dropbox issue - it’s version 130.2 that’s the issue & previous version is ok - see below.

1ECEA260-DA5E-4838-B3B8-BA94994CA4E7.png

RemyLeroy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It seems to me that the issue is in the dialog between the latest version of Dropbox and the latest versions of Office apps as I reinstalled the previous versions of Excel, Word and PowerPoint (but I kept the latest version of Dropbox) and it works. 

FredC74
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

For a novice like me, can you tell me how to install a previous version of, say, Excel.

appreciate your help

Brontola1976
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
sorry but who has an iphone as it can go back to the old version of Excell

Renzo74
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

how to reinstall the previus version of ms apps in ios?

JMT1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi!

Same situation for me today. On my iPad I have lastest versions on Office applications and  IOS version 12.1.4. Yesterday everything was fine.

Reagrds,

Jussi

Brontola1976
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
yes
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    archmix Explorer | Level 3
    david k.129 Helpful | Level 5