cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

Arash-A
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi. 

I have same problem on my mobile, i can not add dropbox.. 

To add a place when you're in any of the new apps 
1. Tap the arrow in the top left, then tap Open. 
2. Tap Add a Place. 
3. Select Dropbox.

//Arash

FredC74
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks Renzo74, that works for me. You’ve made my day 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your patience and the additional reports fellas.

@Juunas: Thanks for providing the ticket's ID; I've already escalated it to our experts to drill deeper into this problem with the error(s) you're all getting when trying to open your Microsoft Excel, Word and/or Powerpoint files. Most appreciated!

For all others on this thread, I'd really urge you to log a ticket as well so we can have a clear view of how is this issue impacting our users' database. You can let me know the ticket IDs here so I can locate them on our system and forward them to the relevant department as soon as possible. 

If any of you stumble upon an issue when submitting a ticket please let me know so I can reach out via email from my end to your Dropbox associated email addresses to work on it together. 

Spoiler

You can log a ticket at https://www.dropbox.com/support

Once again, thanks for your patience and cooperation on this one guys. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

hfueihfwew
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter, my ticket ID is #8902012. Having the same issues as others here trying to work in MS Word via Dropbox on my iPad.

popjacq
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have updated my iPad Dropbox app to version 130.2 and now each time I try to access documents in Word for iPad I get a server error message. When I try to get access to docs via the Dropbox app Word for iPad returns the message, 'Can't open the file. Sorry, [filename].docx is stored in an unsupported server location.

Kendalian
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter, my ticket number is 8902021

Brontola1976
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

My ticket ID is #8901695

IrfanDabeer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Walter, my ticket number is 8902061. Thanks for your support. Please resolve the issue at the earliest.

NicoWa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hey Walter

I’m on an ipad and there’s a dropdown field that is unselectable on the support page so I can’t submit a ticket.

I’m having the same problem as others who have posted here, files from Dropbox no longer able to be accessed in Office apps on iOS. 

Initial error message was a ‘folder not found’ type message. I deleted and reinstalled the apps and in trying to reconnect Dropbox to the apps am now getting a network connection error message. 

Here’s hoping for a speedy resolution 🙂

HaleTommo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks For the update. When i try to register the problem on the support page, it won’t let me select which device on the screen, so can’t send it.. it lists them , but doesn’t select it when you press them. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    archmix Explorer | Level 3
    david k.129 Helpful | Level 5
    sellenwright Helpful | Level 6
    RemyLeroy Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?