Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error 2 on win 7

SOLVED
229 Comments
25 Kudos
Level 2

Installation Aborted - Error Code 2

Hello, i just tried to install the latest online and offline Version of Dropbox and each time it's aborting with Error Code 2. The system variables are "ok", especially the %PATH% variable, it's the same like on another Computer, where it works. Please help
Highlighted
Solution
Level 2

Re: installation error 2 - win 7

I tried evrey things

the best way to install the dropbox from windwos safe mode

100% will install

Dropboxer

Re: eRe: Error 2 when installing

Hey @coyoyo87

Please accept my apologies for the tardy reply, are you still experiencing this issue? 

Please keep me updated here! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

Level 4

I'm experiencing the same issue. "error 2" when installing. I've tried everything from the forum to no avail!

Level 2

Installer Error 2

I have tried repeatedly to install dropbox desktop on my windows computer. Keep getting installer error 2. Have followed all the help sections via dropbox but nothing works...
Dropboxer

Re: installation error 2 - win 7

Hey @Osama_Khalaf

Glad to hear, thanks for updating the thread here and letting us know what worked for you! 

I've made sure to accept your reply as a solution, so that other users can find it easily in the future. 

Please feel free to get back in touch here at any time if you have any other Dropbox questions or experience any issues in the future! 

Dropboxer

Hey @suenj2

I understand! Because you've already done some troubleshooting on your own, I'd recommend raising a ticket with our team at this point, so that we check your configuration and get back in touch with more advice (specific to your account). Once you do, please let me know a ticket ID in your reply here, so that I look it up on my end.

(Note: Please keep in mind that once you submit a ticket, you should be able to see your ticket number in the email heading that you receive soon after you "Submit" it, it should be a 7 digit number.)

Thanks in advance for your cooperation! 

Level 4

Re: Installer Error 2

Same. This is happening on a computer that Dropbox has worked on for years. This is NOT my computer's problem. Really need a fix (you guys need to check your installer because it's the problem). 

I have followed every single "guide" or instruction in this and many other threads and nothing works, still getting Error 2. Please fix your software instead of asking us to run through yet one more guide or checklist. 

Level 4

i've reply your message by mail, but I'm not sure if you get it...

I've tried once again to install the app, but I've failed again!.... I did everything, i even consulted in other forums, but it seems that there is no solution for this error 2 on my computer.

And now I even have problems for uninstalling it.

You are my last hope! jeje ....so I'm looking fordward to make this terrible "error 2" go away.

Dropboxer

Hey @coyoyo87please let me know a ticket ID to reference in your reply, so that I look it up internally and make sure it's promptly reviewed. 

Also, I 've moved your reply here to see whether trying to re-install in safe mode helps you resolve that. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!