Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer keeps popping up windows on my mac

SOLVED
3 Comments
2 Kudos
Level 2

Installer keeps popping up windows on my mac

I keep getting pop up windows opening on my Mac (El Capitan) labelled Dropbox Installer. They are similar to the ones I gat when Flash Player needs updating. I am running the latest version of Dropbox and these pop ups are really annoying. Anyone got any thoughts?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Installer keeps popping up windows on my mac

Hello @Hendo49,

As a first troubleshooting step, can you please make sure that you are not using the Beta version of the Dropbox app?  If you do, you'll need to install the Stable version of the app on your machine.

To do this, you will first need to follow these steps to verify that you have opted out of "Include me in early releases" option in your settings on www.dropbox.com .

This will ensure that the application does not automatically update to the beta build after you install the latest stable build:

1. Log in to www.Dropbox.com using your web browser.
2. Click on your name at the top right corner of the page.
3. Click on "Settings".
4. From the "Profile" tab, scroll down to the section titled "Preferences" and uncheck the box next to "Include me in early releases" if it is checked.

Then, use the following link to install the latest stable version of the Dropbox desktop application:

www.dropbox.com/downloading

If you keep experiencing issues, so that our support team can investigate more on this, please go to www.dropbox.com/support and submit a ticket request.

Thank you!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you find my post helpful your Kudos  are appreciated!

If it answered your question, please mark White check mark Accept as Solution below so other users can find it quickly!  slightly smiling face  

3 Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Dropboxer

Hello @Hendo49,

As a first troubleshooting step, can you please make sure that you are not using the Beta version of the Dropbox app?  If you do, you'll need to install the Stable version of the app on your machine.

To do this, you will first need to follow these steps to verify that you have opted out of "Include me in early releases" option in your settings on www.dropbox.com .

This will ensure that the application does not automatically update to the beta build after you install the latest stable build:

1. Log in to www.Dropbox.com using your web browser.
2. Click on your name at the top right corner of the page.
3. Click on "Settings".
4. From the "Profile" tab, scroll down to the section titled "Preferences" and uncheck the box next to "Include me in early releases" if it is checked.

Then, use the following link to install the latest stable version of the Dropbox desktop application:

www.dropbox.com/downloading

If you keep experiencing issues, so that our support team can investigate more on this, please go to www.dropbox.com/support and submit a ticket request.

Thank you!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you find my post helpful your Kudos  are appreciated!

If it answered your question, please mark White check mark Accept as Solution below so other users can find it quickly!  slightly smiling face  

Level 2

Great stuff, thanks. The latest beta version must have been confusing the system!

Level 2

[EDIT: "Early releases" was selected for me in my Preferences. I assume this is the source of the issue. Thanks!]

When I try to mount the downloaded DropboxInstaller.dmg, I get an error that reads, "no mountable file systems". I assume there is nothing nefarious happening, but it would make me feel a lot better if I could just install the most recent version of Dropbox via the .dmg I downloaded from Dropbox.com.

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 1.38.08 PM.png