Did you mean: 
Announcements

yes

2 Comments
2 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

OneDrive hijacks Dropbox response to prt sc

I think this fits under app issues, sorry if not.

I wanted to save as an image an important bit of info regarding a lost package, hit the prt sc button and OneDrive popped up with an aggressive box telling me to save screenshots with it.  I X'd out the box, tried again, it happened again.  So I hit the No Thanks button  and the box disappeared.  Now Dropbox won't respond to my hitting the prt sc button.

I checked in Settings but can't find an option to make Dropbox my default screenshot handler.  Any ideas how to fix this?  Thanks for reading.

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Super User

Re: OneDrive hijacks Dropbox response to prt sc

Right click the Dropbox icon in your system tray and then check the Share screenshots using Dropbox box in Preferences.

If that doesn't work, try some of the solutions in this thread.

XhfUv6P

2 Replies
Super User

Right click the Dropbox icon in your system tray and then check the Share screenshots using Dropbox box in Preferences.

If that doesn't work, try some of the solutions in this thread.

XhfUv6P

Level 2

Thank you very much, !  My solution was to make sure nothing was ticked in OneDrive then exit and restart Dropbox.  Poof, got my important info archived.  Now I can move forward with that issue, and it's thanks to you!!!

Oh yes, I also unticked the option to start with Windows in OneDrive settings, so maybe this won't happen again.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Installation and desktop app issues.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post