Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

OneDrive hijacks Dropbox response to prt sc

Level 2

I think this fits under app issues, sorry if not.

I wanted to save as an image an important bit of info regarding a lost package, hit the prt sc button and OneDrive popped up with an aggressive box telling me to save screenshots with it.  I X'd out the box, tried again, it happened again.  So I hit the No Thanks button  and the box disappeared.  Now Dropbox won't respond to my hitting the prt sc button.

I checked in Settings but can't find an option to make Dropbox my default screenshot handler.  Any ideas how to fix this?  Thanks for reading.

2 Replies

Re: OneDrive hijacks Dropbox response to prt sc

Super User

Right click the Dropbox icon in your system tray and then check the Share screenshots using Dropbox box in Preferences.

If that doesn't work, try some of the solutions in this thread.

XhfUv6P

Re: OneDrive hijacks Dropbox response to prt sc

Level 2

Thank you very much, !  My solution was to make sure nothing was ticked in OneDrive then exit and restart Dropbox.  Poof, got my important info archived.  Now I can move forward with that issue, and it's thanks to you!!!

Oh yes, I also unticked the option to start with Windows in OneDrive settings, so maybe this won't happen again.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

OneDrive hijacks Dropbox response to prt sc
2 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post