SOLVED
Go to solution
9 Comments
4 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Problem with update

Hi.

I have problem with update aplication and - after unistall - install new all over again. No different, if firewall and/or antivirus run or not. I tried to install update, and now - after uninstall aplication, I try to install and the message is still unchanged: "Installing the application Dropbox update failed with error 0x80004002". The problem began with the last update February 17, 2016. Until then each update has been successful.
Please help, because I'm losing my patience.

Tomasz

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JvH
Level 5

Re: Problem with update

I found the offline installer in the help. You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?type=full

And to answer your question: NO the offline installer did not work running Windows normally.

I had to go to SAFE MODE and then the offline installer worked.

9 Replies
Level 1

I have the same experience.  I cannot update.  Same error code.  All of the FAQ or other support suggestions do not work to resolve this.  Dropbox, please help.

Level 1

I have same problem.

My "Installing the application Dropbox update failed with error 0x80004002" problem began August 2016.

JvH
Level 5

Same here, november 2016.

It seems that Dropbox is to arrogant to answer . . . . .

Please prove me wrong!

CL3 Level 2
Level 2

I have the same problem - what is this error code?  Desperate to install dropbox.

JvH
Level 5

Hello,

I managed to install without the 0x80004002 error in safe mode!

Hope this works for you too!!

JvH
Level 5

I used the offline installer btw.
Level 2

Did the offline installer work? Where do you download that?

Solution
JvH
Level 5

I found the offline installer in the help. You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?type=full

And to answer your question: NO the offline installer did not work running Windows normally.

I had to go to SAFE MODE and then the offline installer worked.

Level 2

Spoiler
i wanna have alle games udn fnaf world and de order games slet

@Tomasz R.2 wrote:

Hi.

I have problem with update aplication and - after unistall - install new all over again. No different, if firewall and/or antivirus run or not. I tried to install update, and now - after uninstall aplication, I try to install and the message is still unchanged: "Installing the application Dropbox update failed with error 0x80004002". The problem began with the last update February 17, 2016. Until then each update has been successful.

Tomasz

@Tomasz R.2 wrote:

Hi.

Tomasz

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4933
Mark 3902
Jane 1121
Greg K. 830
Tom_M 886