cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

March contest: Post your Paper workflow to win a Dropbox t-shirt and tote bag!

no

Highlighted

RE: dropobox for desktop on RDC

Level 2

Hello,

I am currently experiencing issues with my Windows RDC downloading the dropbox for desktop app. Currently the situation exists where i donwload and try to run the installer, i get  a blue wheel on the startup window then it goes black. What perplexes me is that i was previously usuing this setup on another one of my companies RDC servers and everything worked fine. Please advise what the appropriate fix might be.

FYI: I switched servers, i checked permissions and there are no known local firewall issues, DB has full access permission.

2 Replies

Re: RE: dropobox for desktop on RDC

Super User II
Are you trying to install it on to a server (note that Servers are not technically supported - https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/system-requirements)?

If so have you tried to 'run as' and then using Windows 8 or 10?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: RE: dropobox for desktop on RDC

Level 2

Also I have unsuccesfully tried to use Dropbox in a RDC running on Windows Server 2016. Well, I have found a trick, install dropbox in your RDC client computer, then, share your local drive in which the dropbox folder resides using the "local resources" tab on your RDC client. Connecto to your Remote Desktop. Now you can edit, copy, create, (etc..) files which reside in the dropbox folder of the previously shared drive, which will be syncronized by the Dropbox client installed on the RDC client computer.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

RE: dropobox for desktop on RDC
2 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post