cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Received "Move your Dropbox folder to a supported location" email

Received "Move your Dropbox folder to a supported location" email

tpkelliher
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

To get around the recent glibc version requirement on a Red Hat Enterprise 7 system, I'm running the Dropbox client in a Docker container with the Dropbox and .dropbox folders mounted externally on an Ext4 filesystem on the RHEL7 host.  That's working fine currently.

Today I received an email from Dropbox informing me that I had to move my Dropbox folder being synched from the Docker container to an Ext4 filesystem by Nov. 7.  Given that my Dropbox folder is already on an Ext4 filesystem, will synching continue to work for me on/after Nov. 7?  I'm a bit perplexed as to why I received the email today.

Here are the relevant mount entries, as reported by the Docker container:

/dev/sda1 on /dbox/.dropbox type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/sda1 on /dbox/Dropbox type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)

16 Replies 16

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there (@tk42), thanks for the nudge & happy New Year! I worked with both users via email & the issue seemed to resolved itself. Can you let me know a bit more detail on how this discrepancy has manifested itself on your end? Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

jory
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So your files continue to sync, sign in to your Dropbox account and move Dropbox to a supported file system.

Hey I just tried using the headless install inside an unbuntu docker image.

It seems like I'm having the same issue. 

I'm wondering how to resolve this.  @Jane

KhaimovMR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The official support answered me that's my ecryptfs home directory has an unsupported file system. So that kind of file systems (that's actually a superstructures of the Ext4) aren't supported. Your docker container using such file system as well.
I'm in a search now for a good google drive implementation for linux.

jory
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please let me know if you anything 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@jory), while we currently support Ubuntu 14.04 (or higher) & Fedora 21 (or higher), let me quickly rephrase that you’d need to locate Dropbox folder on an ext4-formatted hard drive or partition if you’d like to run the Dropbox app.

From there, ecryptfs isn’t currently supported, but Dropbox will continue to sync with supported file systems that are encrypted via full disk encryption (e.g. LUKS). 

That said, I’m wondering if the issue you’re facing pertains to your current configuration, so I’d appreciate it if you could elaborate a bit on your current setup. As an additional note, it would be worth mentioning that your device doesn’t meet the operating system requirements, you may still be able to use the Dropbox desktop application, but results may vary.

I’ll be awaiting your next reply here, so as to further advise on the best next steps! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

johndvu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, 

When dropbox will support zfs ? any plan for this ?

KhaimovMR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'll try the full-disk LVM encryption in couple of days and will provide the results here.

Need more support?