Announcements

yes

1 Comment
0 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

Seeing all my files - not just the ones I have smart-sync'd

Hi DropBox Community,

Apologies if this is a silly question ... I've just installed DropBox on a new PC with limited disk space.

I've only sync'd one of my DropBox folders with my PC and I want to see all my online folders but I can only see the sync'd folder in the online version of my DropBox in File Manager/Documents.

What do I need to do to see all my folders/files in the online DropBox folder but only sync the one folder daily?

Bit stumped.

Thanks in advance slightly smiling face

1 Reply
Super User

Re: Seeing all my files - not just the ones I have smart-sync'd

Windows Explorer shows the files/folders that are actually on your computer. I don't think it's possible to make it show files that are in your Dropbox account but haven't been downloaded to your computer.

You could sync all of your files to your computer and then disable syncing for the folders that you don't want to stay synced. Personally I would find that to be confusing, but you could do that if you wanted to.

You could also bookmark https://www.dropbox.com/home and open it whenever you need to check what's in your Dropbox account. That's not too far off from viewing the files in Windows Explorer.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Installation and desktop app issues.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post