cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Smart Sync and Quick Preview on Mac

Smart Sync and Quick Preview on Mac

Andrew-RFLB
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Smart Sync causes my quick preview function (spacebar) to not function properly on my Mac. I can't preview thumbnails, or quick preview any videos or photos. Any ideas why this happens?

147 Replies 147

Andrewbond
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the exact same problem! when will this be fixed, i don't want to pay for a product the promises me "smart sync" when it clearly isn't 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for checking in with us on the Dropbox Community (@Andrewbond)! Following your post here, I’ve sent you a brief message on the email connected to your Forum profile (as I’ll need to have direct access to your account specifics to further address this issue). You may have a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience if you’d like us to work on that together. Thanks again Andrew; looking forward to hearing back from you!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Ckrupinsky
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I’ve had the exact same problem for over 8 months as Andrew asked above “when will this be fixed?” We’d like that question answered for all of us that have been coming to the community for this answer. So that question again is “when will this be fixed?” We’d all like to know. Not just Andrew. Post the answer to the question “when will this be fixed” in this thread please.

When will this be fixed? Or what is the solution? Post here please please please.

I’ve lost my patience will this NOT SOLVED ticket.

Ckrupinsky
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Carly,

Sorry to bother you, did you get an answer to this?

I need some help on this as it is killing my work flow.

Andrewbond
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have emailed support back. When will this be fixed

gleake
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi everyone. I recieved an email from Dropbox support after emailing back and forth for a few days. I had to press them for a straight answer, after continued vague answers.

In the end, it seems they are well aware of the issue, but haven't found a good solution yet. I'm assuming there are lots of pieces involved, including with MacOS.

It doesn't upset me so much that Dropbox has a bug. What is frustrating is that they don't come out and say it directly on this forum so that we don't have to waste our time emailing and explaining something that they already know about.

If you want to email with Dropbox support to help them resolve this issue, by all means do so. But there shouldn't be any need for extensive explanations and screensharing.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for pinging me back here Andrew (@Andrewbond)! I’ve made sure to get back in touch with you a couple hours ago; please have a look at your inbox whenever you have a bit of spare time & we’ll take it from there!

When it comes to your inquiry @Ckrupinskywould it be okay if I reached out to you via email directly, in order to look into that together? 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

SDRoberts
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

To respond in case anyone else is having the same problem as me: since using Smart Sync, I'm also finding that the quick preview function is also being disabled for files that are downloaded to my local drive, and also for files that are on my local drive and NOT saved on DropBox. Any ideas what's the issue? 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there (@SDRoberts), I’m following-up on all the reports posted here & just so as to determine where the issue lies for the behavior you're describing, I’ve sent you a brief message on the email connected to your Forum profile (gathering all the details you’ve included on this discussion). Please have a look at your inbox whenever you have a bit of spare time if you’d like us to work on that together. Thanks in advance!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

wheywood
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I don't think this solves anything. It just explains why Dropbox isn't working WITH AppleOS anymore.

I've been using both DP & Apple together for a decade. I never used to have this issue with the Previewing of files on a Cloud.

While I now understand what is causing the Preview to stop working I fail to understand how it's my problem. If DP can't fix I'll just move to a different product or build a server.

DP need to understand that they are messing up the workflow for it's users. Fix it or don't. That's fine. But don't claim that it's been fixed when it really hasn't. That is just a lie and will cause loss of faith from your paying (Premium) customers and a devaluation of your brand.

Need more support?