cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

no

Highlighted

The screenshots generated with Cmd-Shift-4 (MacOSX) are no more going to Dropbox folder

Level 3

Since the 25th (or 26th) of January 2019 the screenshots I generate with Cmd-Shift-4 are no more going to the dedicated Dropbox folders but stays in the /tmp folder of my MAC

I have not performed any intentional upgrade of the OS.

I am still using MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports).

I have tried to switch OFF and ON again such function in the Preferences under the 'Import' tab; nothing is changed.

What I noted is that the files now are generated in the /tmp folder as "Screen Shot xxxx", while the old files stored in the dedicated Dropbox folder are named "Screenshot xxxx".

Any clue?

Many thanks in advance to who will give me some hints!!

Fabio

2 Replies

Re: The screenshots generated with Cmd-Shift-4 (MacOSX) are no more going to Dropbox folder

Super User II

Just to check - is Dropbox running?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: The screenshots generated with Cmd-Shift-4 (MacOSX) are no more going to Dropbox folder

Level 3

If you mean that my dropbox folders are sychronized between my Mac and the web site content, the answer is YES, Dropbox is apparently doing its job correctly.

F.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

The screenshots generated with Cmd-Shift-4 (MacOSX) are no more going to Dropbox folder
More about this post
2 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post